Thursday, May 31, 2007

Thursday Highlights - May 31, 2007

Hectic morning once again. Langston is simply precious in his drool covered yellow onesie. More drool? He can’t possibly be cutting more teeth…good grief he already has 8 and he’s only 9 months old!

The house is stuffy because it’s summer and we don’t have central air, so I work up a sweat trying to blow-dry my hair in the bathroom – still fighting the effects of the steam from 2 showers. I always forget what a pain that is.

Langston loves rolling around in the bathroom while I get ready – he’s currently mesmerized by the springy door stop thing on the bathroom door…it goes BOOOIIIINNNNGGG when he flicks it…which he loves. He repeats the activity over and over and over and over…giggling every time. It’s nice having a simple child.

I left the house carrying two overstuffed plastic bags of recyclables to put in the bins in the garage, a piece of toast wrapped in a paper towel, a bottle of water, a book (in case I need it over lunch), my purse, and my keys. Sticky, fumbling around juggling all this junk, nearly exhausted I collapse into the car and off for work.

Looked up some houses for sale on-line. Julie is thinking of getting a house so Jeff and I are in hot investigative mode. Found a great one. Actually quite jealous that it looks like a better house than mine, yet is cheaper than what I paid. I guess it’s just a buyer’s market. Keeping that in mind might keep me from hating her. Maybe.

Felt pudgy in my outfit.

Got my oil changed at Valvoline. I had gone nearly 3,000 miles over the recommended 3,000 limit. Was waited on by not one, but two Jeremiahs. How strange is that? Was inundated with orders…step on your brake, turn on your turn signals…right, now left, now right again…now put your foot on the brake and put your car in reverse…now turn on your right turn signal again…now start your engine….now turn it off…and the questions! Do you want a new air filter?...would you like regular or max oil?...would you like air in your tires? Good grief it was exhausting! Who knew there were so many decisions to be made just to get an oil change!

Had an impromptu meeting with my boss to discuss the fact that “events staff” at our NeoCon showroom this year will get to expense any outfits they need to buy in order to fit the dress code. That’s ridiculous, we agreed. That’s just wasteful and inappropriate, we wailed. But mostly we were just jealous. I’m sure I’ll feel pudgy in whatever I decide to wear to NeoCon this year.

Made a list of snack foods to buy tonight to reward people in my department who are helping Laura and I stuff 400 press room bags tomorrow for NeoCon. A definite excuse for a trip to Costco for kettle corn. Oh, it’s so addictive!

Thought about whether or not I should take a bike ride tonight after Langston goes to bed. Now that the days are getting longer I have fewer excuses for my laziness.

Realized that pudgy feeling might be directly related to my overall sedentary existence. Filled with resolve I raised my desk to standing height for increased mobility. I already feel more refreshed.

And with that…it’s almost time to go home!

No comments: