Thursday, September 6, 2007

No Highlights....None at All...September 6, 2007

I have to confess that there is NOTHING to report today. Literally nothing has happened. I could talk about the excitement of my foot falling asleep so I moved it. I could mention that I'm on my second Rubbermaid jug of water of the day. Would you be curious to note that I received and reviewed the agenda for my investor relations seminar next week? How about the fact that I changed two pictures of Langston I keep on my desk? Cause that's all I've got. Oh, and I had a bowl of chili for lunch. Um...yeah...that's really.

So, I was surfing the website of a band I like and they had these very cute little bios for each band member. I decided to copy their format and fill it in for Jeff. I mean, I'm always talking about me and Langston...but what of this mystery man I married? So...here it is...a little insight into the man I love:

BACKGROUND: A South-East GR boy by birth and pleasure, Jeff grew up the oldest of two. After challenging the sanity of the teachers at the area Christian school district, he moved on to provoke the professors at Calvin. Four years of elaborate pranks with Mardi quickly passed and he wound up at RBC Ministries, where he has remained for fifteen years. Many fix ups followed. His mother despaired. His sister donated to Goodwill all the baby clothes she was saving for a niece or nephew. Then, out of nowhere he heeded Mike’s advice and “made a move” on his friend Jeanine. The tortoise became a hare and within a year he was married and expecting a baby. Now he spends his evenings playing with his son, surfing the web, watching the TiVo, walking with his wife, and wondering what he ever did before :)
NICKNAME(s): Jeffrey, Jeffrey Lee, J-Lee, Holquist, J-Ho
EDUCATION: Degree in poly sci from Calvin College…a future county water commissioner perhaps??
ATTRIBUTES: Good cook. Family man. Determined. Funny. Home tech expert. Loyal friend.
PUNCTUALITY: His hair may still be wet and his shoes untied but he’s technically on time.
SAMPLE QUOTE: “Little boy, little boy, little boy…” often spoken to his son Langston to, depending on tone, express love, slight frustration, or a warning. “Shelly Belt, Shelly Belt!”…when you need to shut up or book it out of there.
FINEST MOMENT: Less than a year after he met her, my grandma died. The circumstances surrounding the time he knew her made it all the more shocking when he was the one, out of all of us, who cried at her funeral.
MOST LIKELY TO: Keep something. Correct your mispronunciation. Snicker at what he’s reading. Stop for a diet Coke. Turn on the sprinklers. Defend all things Apple. Sleep through anything. Consult Zagat’s. Make it from scratch. Share his opinion. Turn on the air. Quote a relative. Think it through. Go to Vegas. Buy it at Costco.

No comments: